Day 1: Nairobi- Chogoria
After breakfast we depart Nairobi from the Parkside hotel and head to Chogoria town arriving in time for lunch at the Transit hotel. The journey takes 3 to 3.5 hours. Afternoon will be spent walking around the town for acclimatization. Dinner and overnight at the Transit Hotel.
Day 2: Chogoria – Meru Mount Kenya Lodge
After breakfast we take 4×4 and drive up to the edge of the bamboo forest where we start our trekking through the dense bamboo forest for distance of 10 km up to the Bandas for lunch. Afternoon will be spent walking around the lodge with a view of beautiful sceneries. Dinner and overnight at the Bandas.
Day 3: Meru Mount Kenya Lodge to Mintos Hut
After breakfast leave the lodge for Mintos Hut for a distance of 15 km. Uphill having our lunch enroute. Dinner and overnight at Mintos Campsite.
Day 4: Mintos to Summit – Mackinders
After pre dawn breakfast we leave the campsite at 2.00 am. For the summit arriving at 6.30 am for sunrise, Kilimanjaro and the coast line Views. After 10 to 15 minutes of photography we descend via Austrian Hut to Mackinders camp for breakfast hence spend the whole day enjoying beautiful views. Dinner and overnight at Mackinders Camp.
Day 5: Mackinders Camp to Met Station
After breakfast leave the camp and descend to Met Station via the Moor land and the vertical borges arriving in time for lunch. Dinner and overnight at the Met Station Lodge.
Day 6: Met Station – Gate – Nairobi
After breakfast leave Met Station and descend to the Naro Moru Park Gate a distance of 10 km to connect your transport back to Nairobi arriving afternoon.
Tour price Includes:-
– Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
– Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
– Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
– Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
– All park entrance fees to include government taxes
– Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
– Start and finish Nairobi
– Treated water on the trek
– Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
– Hotel accommodations in Nairobi before and after the trek
– International flights
– Visas to Kenya
– Items of personal nature
– Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary