Day 1: OLD MOSES CAMP
From Nanyuki, transfer to Mount Kenya Sirimon Park gate (2600m). On completion of park entry formalities, have picnic lunch then begin a 3-4 hour hike through forest. Ascend 700m through the bamboo, rosewood and heather vegetation to Old Moses camp. The forest and bamboo are home to hundreds of buffaloes, elephants, bushbucks and a plethora of bird species. Dinner and overnight at Old Moses Camp (3300m)
Day 2: LIKII NORTH
Gradual hike through the desolate savannah, avoiding the normal direct trail leading to Shiptons and following the one that goes up to Likii North (3990m), where you spend the night in a tent. Hiking time is about 4 hours, gaining 700m in altitude. There will be ample time this afternoon to rest or walk around the Likii valley for more acclimatization. Overnight in tents
Day 3: SHIPTONS CAMP
Emerging from Likii valley, climb and pass over a ridge to enter on a steep descent into the picturesque Mackinder Valley where you join to the normal route from the Old Moses camp. You arrive at Shiptons camp for hot lunch after a 4hour trek.
Day 4: CHOGORIA BANDAS
Leaving the camp at 0300hrs you hike up the steep scree slopes and glacier to Point Lenana (4985m), the hikers summit. It is planned that you arrive in time to witness the African Sun rising over the equator as it reflects its golden glow on the Majestic peaks of Batian and Nelion. Descend for 2 hours to Mintos/Hall Tarn camp for breakfast. Hike further down the Chogoria route for 4-5 hours to Meru Mount Kenya huts for a well deserved hot shower, dinner and overnight.
Day 5: CHOGORIA TOWN
Leave after breakfast for a gentle 2-3 hour walk down through dense strands of bamboo and forest canopies to meet up with our oncoming vehicle for transfer off the mountain to Chogoria.
Tour price Includes:-
– Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
– Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
– Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
– Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
– All park entrance fees to include government taxes
– Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
– Start and finish Nairobi
– Treated water on the trek
– Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
– Hotel accommodations in Nairobi before and after the trek
– International flights
– Visas to Kenya
– Items of personal nature
– Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary